Sunday, October 21, 2007

This Is How Indie Kids Dance

A good day today, fooligans. After a long stint of Guitar Hero II last night, I visited the Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls this morning and had some eggs, sausage, grits, and biscuits and gravy; some real down home cooking, y'all. Then I was treated to Mizzou opening up a can of jellied whoop ass against Texas Tech, holding their high-powered offense to just 10 points. But I digress...

Although I found out a bit too late that Man Man was playing here tonight (I'm still amazed how I missed it, I really would have liked to see them.), I decided to take this night to finally complete a CD that's been in my head for far too long, titled "This Is How Indie Kids Dance." I really had no parameters, just had a lot of fun, danceable songs I wanted to use. As always, I ended up with a long list, but after some trimming, I'm pleased with the end result. Let me know your thoughts. Or heck, burn it and entertain a party. Well, for 80 minutes, that is. After that, you're on your own. Better get some more dip. Hey, is that Yahtzee? Break it out!

1. Le Tigre - Deceptacon
2. Liars - Mr. Your on Fire Mr.
3. Modest Mouse - Dashboard
4. LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
5. Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad City
6. TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
7. The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
8. Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
9. Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks
10. The Shins - Turn a Square
11. Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
12. The Faint - Glass Danse
13. Q and not U - Soft Pyramids
14. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth
15. The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers
16. The Dismemberment Plan - The City
17. Against Me! - Stop!
18. Broken Social Scene - Almost Crimes
19. The Hives - Hate to Say I Told You So
20. Bloc Party - Banquet
21. The White Stripes - Hotel Yorba

1 comment:

Kitten you're the Kicks said...

I love it! I am burning a copy for the next party. I'll be sure to let you know how the tunes inspired the mood of the party.