Friday, November 16, 2007

An Upcoming Case of Mistaken Identity

In-state residency. Frak.

I'd like to take a class this January at Austin Community College, but I'll have to pay out-of-state tuition. The difference between in-state and out-of-state for a three-hour class? About 640 large: $160 to $800.

But I really want to take this screenwriting class, so what's a poor New Mexican to do? Why, beat the system, of course.

After talking with my sister's boyfriend, he graciously accepted my proposal to take the class under his name. Sure, the class won't go on my record, but that's okay. The only thing I'm worried about is not realizing I'm getting called upon in class. I think I can solve this on the first day: "Hi everyone, my name's Heath, but my friends call me Greg."

I'm also worried about the ramifications if he takes classes there in the fall. Would they have my picture on file after I take one for my student ID? Also, would he meet with the same adviser when he goes in? There are some potential problems, some I'm probably unnecessarily trumping up, but I think this is too good to pass. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

getawayplans said...

If you're caught, you could both be charged with violating the honor code. It can keep you both out of other universities.

Greg "Danger" Klein said...

That's why this affair is so scandalous and naughty. It's the thrill of getting caught!