Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Format Are Your Friend


Evening fooligans, thought I'd drop you a quick line about this band a friend of mine has told me about. They're called The Format, and they're coming to a town near you (but not to Albuquerque of course). They're some of the most fun you'll have this summer with their recent release, Dog Problems. A big thanks to the Security Chicken for the reminder.

Think a marriage between Shins and Boy Least Likely To, maybe a hint of Jimmy Eat World (if you're Mormon), with the lovechild resulting in probably some of the best indie pop you've heard in a long while. I'm currently trying my damndest to stay seated in my chair while "Time Bomb" plays. Weaker men than I would get up and dance around the room, but I must write on. I hope you appreciate the sacrifice.

Do yourself a favor and check Dog Problems out, it's dancibly delicious! I'd write more about it, but the alcohol is calling me to that big, comfy bed in the corner. I hope you understand. Talk soon, we will. Enjoy the album.

7 comments:

Patrick W. Rollens said...

Greggle - I think I will indeed check The Format out. I yearn for good music these days; I lost a few hundred MP3s off my computer when I backed up my files to my portable hard drive.

Austin said...

Big ups to The Security Chicken!

Greg "Danger" Klein said...

That sucks to hear, sir. Any mp3 lost is a fallen soldier you never want to leave behind. I hope you enjoy the album.

And yes, three cheers for The Security Chicken. Eff that rude anti-hip-hop ignoramus.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Patrick W. Rollens said...

I have Dog Problems now. What can I say, it's a personal matter.

Greg "Danger" Klein said...

Hmm, sounds like something you should only share with trusted friends. Or just music lovers in general. Take your pick. Enjoy; I hope you don't get a rash.